Girl’s shopping trip to Williamsburg, Brooklyn-NY
In today’s blog piece, we will be roaming through the electric streets in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. For my best friend’s birthday, I arranged an exciting two hour (approx. 4km) walk with our group of cool and fashion-forward moms to check out some of the best stops in the area. On a sunny Wednesday afternoon, we discovered hidden designer shops & street art while enjoying a great panoramic view of Manhattan (believe it or not, one of the best views of New York City is from Brooklyn). Williamsburg is budding with creativity and inspirations for daily life. The Brooklyn spirit is based on recycling, responsible citizens, community and design. We are so excited to share our best spots with you!
Perks: this tour is perfect for your teen kids! There are skate board shops, cool street arts, and great restaurants.
Our 10 spots!
1. Start with a nepresso or caffe latte at Dévocion
2. Cross the street and check out Scosha Jewelry for ladies, men and kids
3. Keep a look out for a wonderful selection of kitchen and home accessories at Sprout Home.
4. Explore de•part•ment, a multi-brand collective of hybrid street fashion, contemporary art, and culture and BRKLN Bloke @brklnbroke. They have vintage clothes, Brkln Broke brand, funny glasses, free beer and wine…we had a lot of fun in this shop…but it’s unclear how long they will stay there…so hurry up!
5. Find home design inspiration at Beam
6. Mast: Succumb to your temptation and enjoy the unique and delightful chocolate selection crafted by Mast. Even if you don’t taste, the experience is visually memorable
7. Yasuko Azuma: Discover this Japanese-infused designer jewelry collection
8. BAGGU brand: the best BAGS in Brooklyn! Choose between soft leather bags or colorful reusable bags
9. Home Deco Package Free is the ultimate zero waste lifestyle store. Buy products that will help you reduce your waste! Tip: their washing powder smell amazingly.
10. Chango: a wonderful deco boutique filled with everything you need to achieve the modern farmhouse look
When you’ve got all you need, keep wandering Kent Avenue, 8th street, Bedford and Grand Street to spot your own favorite spots!
Where to eat?
Lilia (italian) or Cafemogador (morrocan)
– Early dinner
Westlight’s rooftop, Located on the 22nd-floor, this rooftop bar features an incredible 360 view of New York City…Trust me, I’ve tried most of them…! In addition to the view, they have delicious tapas, street food influenced by many cultures, and cocktails on demand. And yes, you can organize a party of 12 people or more.
– Gourmet dinner (come back with your partner for an evening)
Aska The place for an unforgettable Scandinavian eating experience with your partner. The cuisine is prepared by two Michelin star and Swedish chef. Read more about him in Cuisine Inspired, our favorite culinary website founded by Nathalie
Discover Julie’s trip itinerary to New York State on triptam.com