Are you a city-dweller looking for a vacation? Toronto just might be the place for you!
It is a fast growing and vibrant city that is slowly but surely making its mark on an international scale. Investments aside, Toronto is rich in music, bars, restaurants and welcoming communities. Follow Chloe’s recommendations to discover this lively city.
Where to stay?
Where to eat?
– Planta in Yorkville is an innovative plant-based restaurant inspired by all parts of the world located in the trendy Yorkville neighborhood.
– Colette Café is a chic, elegant, modern French restaurant serving delicious traditional dishes adjacent to the Thompson Hotel
– Bar Reyna is perfect for snacks and cocktails in a cozy, airy, and leafy green nature-oriented setting
– Hidden speak easy type bar is the Cloak Bar on Wellington. Call the number at the entrance and immerse yourself in an elegant and vintage underground ambiance. This is best for couples, so leave the kids behind for this one!
– St Lawrence Market located in the vibrant and gastronomic Distillery District has a highly ranked fresh food market from local farms and artisans, in addition to some of the city’s best restaurants
– CN Tower, which has two restaurants, one upscale and one casual for lunch. The upscale restaurant gives you a moving 360 view of the city! But don’t worry, its slow enough you won’t even feel it. Just let yourself be amazed.
– If weather permits, a picnic in Trinity Bellwoods or High Park is highly recommended. Both areas have delicious food bars nearby to supply your picnic needs!
– Take a helicopter ride (60$ deal on Groupon) around the city! It lasts about 10 minutes but it is extremely thrilling and worth every penny. Each ride has three seats available.
– Salsa dancing at Lula Lounge. Start off with a collective salsa class, and then apply what you’ve learned with your friends and those around you! It’s perfect for both the shy and the outgoing, and for both experienced and beginner dancers too.
– Listen to some head-bobbing jazz at Rex’s. They have some pretty good dinner options for a jazz club, it’s very kid-friendly!
– Avoid traffic and take the UP Express from Pearson Airport directly to downtown Union station in a speedy 25 minutes
– Walking, subway, street cars, and taxis are the best way to get around
– Queen Street, King Street, Kensington Market, High Park, Trinity Bellwoods, and Distillery District are great neighborhoods