TO FLORIDA, US
9 NIGHTS/5 STOPS
Key Points of Florida: Beach, City and Disney parks
We traveled to Florida to discover Miami, the Keys and to take our three active boys, Thomas and Martin (then 12 ) and Alexis (then 8) to visit the Disney Parks in Orlando. This 10-day trip (9 nights) is easy to do with smaller kids and has a lot of variety. We spent time on the beach, we went kayaking with the boys, and the best surprise for the kids was our day at Disney Park in the Typhoon Lagoon. We missed the crocodile at Everglades National Park because of bad weather. Our budget for the whole trip was around $ 1750 per person for 9 nights (excluded food and activities).
9 nights & 5 stops
from November to May
beach trip & Disney parks
NEW YORK -MIAMI
3h hours direct flight
$300 per person
1200 km in 10 days
15 hours on the road – 5 stops
AVERAGE BUDGET PER PERSON
$1750 / pp for 9 nights
& $ 200 /pp for 2 days entrance at Disney Park.
$750 /pp for 9 nights (without breakfast)
$500 /pp for car rental $300 /pp
GOOD TO KNOW
– The budget for the World Disney resort is really high, especially when you are a family of 5. We recommend to include this in the overall trip budget. Watch out for hotel deals in Orlando that includes the resort entrance.
– Driving to Key West is an activity in itself. Plan your day. There are small restaurants on your way for your lunch break and many beaches to be discovered.
– Miami Beach is more lively on the southern part. If you decide to book an hotel on the northern side, make sure you have a car during your stay.
– Don’t miss a one day trip to Everglades National park. It is a great place to explore, to see alligators and crocodiles living side-by-side, to hike, bike and paddle, relax and soak up some nature. We had planned this activity but we had to cancel because of the bad weather. We experienced 3 heavy rain days during our stay! It was in April.
– Tipping is mandatory in the US. Add between 15% and 20% to your final restaurant bill.