A TASTE OF
BRITTANY & NORMANDY LIFE!
SHARED BY SOPHIE
14 NIGHTS/7 STOPS
The preserved wonderful nature of the Brittany and Normandy coasts
After a cultural stay in Paris, one of the most beautiful cities in the world, they headed off to Normandy and Brittany for a big breath of fresh air, a region known for the beauty of its coast. They began with an emotional visit of Caen in Normandy, visiting the Memorial and the landing beaches of the Battle of Normandy, before going to one of the many beaches between Dinard and Saint-Briac on the Emerald coast in northern Brittany to enjoy some rest and relaxation. In Saint-Briac they spent a few days strolling along “le sentier des douaniers”, a hiking trail along the coast which allows you to admire the fauna and flora of the region as well as breathtaking views of the sea. They were also able to watch the sunset while sipping a cocktail on the terrace of the Nessay Castle. They tried surfing on the long beach of Longchamp and went kayaking with a picnic at the Ebihens, an island off the coast of Saint-Briac. They savored local specialties like “les galettes de sarrasins” (buckwheat flour pancakes) and enjoyed the seafood of the region when they tasted the famous oysters of Cancale. Then they headed for the pink granite coast in Perros-Guirec, one of the only 3 sites in the world where you will find these granite colors. To finish this road trip they drove to the southern coastline of Brittany to discover the majestic bay of Quiberon. Their budget for the whole trip was $ 1600 for 14 nights (excluded food and activities).
14 nights & 7 stops
from June to October
nature, hiking & beach
WHAT SOPHIE LOVED ABOUT THIS TRIP?
The preserved wonderful nature of the coast
The delicious seafood
The range of activities: surfing, hiking, culture, beach…
NEW YORK – PARIS
FROM ANY EUROPEAN CITY
1255 km & 17 hours on the road & 3h ferry
AVERAGE BUDGET PER PERSON
TOTAL = $ 1600 / pp for 14 nights (excl. food & activities)$ 1100 pp for 14 nights
$ 250 / pp European flight to Paris
$ 250 rental car for 11 days
GOOD TO KNOW
- Even though you don’t need a car in Paris, it’s best to rent one to make the most of this road trip between Normandy and Brittany.
- For small hotels and guesthouses book several months in advance because few rooms are available and they become fully booked very quickly.
- For all cultural visits in Paris, don’t forget to buy your tickets online to avoid long queues during the high season.
If you have more time in Paris, here are some other activity ideas!
– A tour of the “Père Lachaise” cemetery to gather at the grave of many celebrities.
– Enjoy the famous Berthillon ice cream in the garden of Les Tuileries after strolling through the Latin Quarter between Saint-Germain-Des-Prés, the Panthéon at the top of la Montagne Sainte-Geneviève and Saint Sulpice church
- Brittany and Normandy are not destinations where the sun is guaranteed, always plan a sweater for the evening and a rain suit. Conditions can be very changeable so if you have rain in the morning you can still have a hot and sunny afternoon.
- To get around easily in Paris walk a lot, take the bus to enjoy the view or use the subway.
- You can spend a night in Jersey to discover more of this charming island. You can travel by bus on the island or rent a bike, but you can also plan to take your car with you on the ferry.
- In Saint-Briac, rent a bike for the duration of your stay, it will be very easy to get around that way.
- If you like golf, there is a beautiful golf club in Dinard.
- Saint-Briac is also a paradise for runners and hikers. Check this link to find amazing hikes on GR 34.