TO SAINT BARTHELEMY
5 NIGHTS/1 STOP
The blurred line between a sophisticated and down to earth French Caribbean paradise
Our family of four are passionate about adventurous traveling off the beaten path. We do also enjoy an occasional relaxing, wild and detoxing destination. The small 25 square kilometers island of Saint Barths is fully encircled by shallow reefs and has a small population of 9,278 inhabitants. Gustavia is the capital of the island and the main harbor, but incredible restaurants, wild beaches, and unique boutiques are spread out around all curves of the island.
NEW YORK – ST MAARTEN – SAINT BARTHS
20 island to go to opposite end of island
Obligatory stop-over in St Maarten
AVERAGE BUDGET PER PERSON
Car rental: $50 per day
$1700 / pp for 5 nights all included
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE TRIP
Anse de Saline
Anse de Colombier
Gustaf III Airport
ANSE DE SALINE
5 minute drive from Airport
8 minute drive
ANSE DE COLOMBIER
30 minute hike
8 minute drive
GOOD TO KNOW
- Saint Barths is a French speaking island and the population is very welcoming
- Ideal destination for a long weekend or week-long vacation coming from the American east coast
- Gustavia and St Jean are both boutique niches but without a tourist feel
- Although St Barths is quite small, trying the different beaches and restaurants are an important part of the Saint Barths experience, so wherever you stay on the island you will need a car. From anywhere on the island, you can get to any other part in less than 20 minute drive.
- There are two gas stations on the island, both closed on Sunday.
- Always wear sunscreen! The sun is very strong.
- If you are in need of bathing suits, Kiwi in St Jean is a great store.