TO SAN BLAS ISLAND, PANAMA.
8 NIGHTS/6 STOPS
Panama’s Water Wonders: Sailing, Snorkeling and Fishing
For this trip, our goal was to mix the discovery of a new country and its cultures with being able to enjoy water sports. We chose Panama because it was easily accessible with a direct flight from NYC and we wanted to meet the Kuna Indian, who are the native people living on the San Blas Island, a bit north of Colombia.
Arrival airport: Panama City Intl.
5h direct flight from NY airports
300 $ avg price/person
Taxi and sailing boat
150 miles by taxi
1-2 hours sailing each day
Price per person: 1200 $ for 8 nights
excl. flights and restaurants
SO CALLED ROBINSON
FROM ONE ISLAND
BACK TO THE
SAN BLAS ISLAND TO
2h + 2h
GOOD TO KNOW
– Be prepared to live for 5 days totally disconnected from the outside world. No network, no Wifi, nothing….no restaurant, no shops, no bars…you are in the middle of an archipelago that is still wild and virgin.
– All the food is stocked and prepared by the crew on the boat, but we recommend you to bring your favorite snacks and biscuits, some beers and wine as well.
– If your skipper don’t catch a fish, you need to be prepared not to eat any fish that day…unless you get the visit of a Kuna’s with their catch of the day.
– You will only eat fish, vegetables and fruits. No meat will be prepared on the boat.
– San Blas archipelago is situated on the territory of Gunayala. You will need to show your passport so keep it handy when you are transferred from the city to the boat.